December 21, 2009

December - Scrap Challenge

Advent Calendar by Danielle
Danielle purchased the tree calendar on clearance two years ago, and she finally found the time to make it. She used some scraps and leftover embellishments from an old Making Memories paper line. She punched the squares from pattern paper, then she punched half a circle in the top middle for the drawer pull. She glued all of the squares to the drawer fronts and then came the fun part. Embellishing!!! She used mismatched leftover rub-ons for the numbers and charms, flowers, and brads for the decorations.
From her stash she was able to create a treasure that will quickly become a tradition for her family.

So, what project do you have that has been waiting for years for you to get to? We'd love to see what you create from your stash. See the details in December Scrap Challenge below.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome project! :) I love how each square is different and I love the look of the eclectic numbers. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! The red pops so awesome! I love the individuality of each day. So what are you going to fill it with next year? mini goodies?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmarie, I only have one teen daughter, so I filled it with mini nail polish and lip gloss. I also put in holiday earrings and other small trinkets mixed in with candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!! Every little detail is perfect!! I bet your daughter will love all the little surprises!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Danielle! My girls would love those little surprises. I was looking at Michaels tonight for something like this but I wasn't happy with the one they had. Do you remember where you found yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My calendars were from Starbucks. I bought them on clearance after Christmas for $2.50. I had picked up 4 and I made them with the girls' when we did the gingerbread houses. The calendars were a BIG hit.

    ReplyDelete