April 28, 2010

Guest Design Team Member

Meet Brittney our Guest Design Team Member for May

My name is Brittney, I'm 24 from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. When I was asked to be the guest designer for May, I was beyond thrilled. I mean, what a treat! I started scrapbooking about 4 years ago. My inspiration is definitely my boyfriend Josh and my dog Brodie. They're good sports, too - always willing to pose for a photo (or seven!). Currently, my favorite thing to do on a layout is some hand-stitching. I love the texture that it adds, and not to mention that I just love the way it looks!

I love to travel (although I do get homesick after about two weeks), so I have more than enough vacation photos to scrap. Because of this, I tend to make a mini album or two for each vacation, and then I display them proudly for everyone to flip through when they come over. I'm leaving for another vacation in June, and I can't wait to share with everyone what I come up with!

Here's a layout that I made about a week ago showcasing my dad's trip to Rome! I used some yummy Studio Calico and October Afternoon papers, as well as some American Craft's Thickers.

Posted by PicasaBe sure to come back in May to see what Brittney offers to the May Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Brittney! Love your pictures! So much open space looks great, that is where I am challenged when it comes to scrapping. Love the cirlces too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brittney! I love the layout with the fringe like look around the circle!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Brittney...so glad to have you joining us! Love all the borders on your papers...great muted color scheme too. That's a tough one for me.... good to see that w/masculine photos. Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Brittney - can't wait to see what you'll contribute to the May Challenge.

    Great layout - I like your title and the circles - great colors also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Brittney and congratulations! I love this layout especially the fringe around the circle, might be borrowing this technique! How awesome that your Dad got to visit Rome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Brittney and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete