August 19, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$


Guest Design Team Member Malina submitted this Frugal Friday Tip:

Flowers just seem to be the perfect embellishment to finish or save a layout. When in doubt put a flower or two out :) But flowers purchased at the store can get pricey and if you are like me you will want lots of color choices available to you in bling and without bling which means buying more for your stash. And while I do enjoy making various flowers from time to time they can be time consuming and not easy to reach for in a pinch when I just need that something.

So I have begun stashing inexpensive white paper flowers instead of colored ones. I can often pick up a pack of 2 dozen in varied sizes for $1.00. Then when I need one I reach for my Smooches, Stickles or my Chalk & Pigment eyes from Color Box. And since I seem to always have young girls around nosing through my stash for that 'something' they need it stretches my stash just a bit further.


Do you have a frugal tip to share? Send your tip along with a picture to scrappinpsycho@live.com. You could be featured as our next Frugal Friday Tip.

Don't forget to take the August Flower Challenge and the "Pagerize This" Challenge - all the details are below.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great tip! I sometimes forget that I can alter things to make them work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great tip. love how you customize them to your need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right the already embellished kind are pricey! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - I must try this sometime too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip!!!!!
    I've seen white flower, and they are very affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I always love having th option to customize things to my pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip! I like changing colors to fit my layout and cards too!

    ReplyDelete