September 25, 2010

September Challenge by Malina




Guest Design Team Member Malina submitted this two page 12x12 layout titled Makaria, A Heart Dog for the September Border Punch Challenge.  She said, "I used a couple different edge options in an effort to create some unity between the two pages. Using a lace edge punch I ran the length of my pattern paper on the first side but then the width of the page in a layering effect on the second side. Layering an edge punch in this way I find is an inexpensive way of creating depth and texture that might otherwise be sought out using ribbons. Additionally I also used a scallop edge to highlight a photo of Makaria (pronounced Mah-Car-eeah) but this was not done with a punch and instead I used an exacto knife and Fiskar's shape templates.


I hope you enjoy this simple use of edge punching I utilized in my tribute to my heart dog that passed away 2 years ago.

Now it's your turn to take the challenge.  You could be chosen for a spot on our November Guest Design Team.  See all the details in September Challenge below.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Great use of your border punches - I like how you layered them. Very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout. First it's a two-page, second i love the yellow lettering, third i love the ribbon behind the heart photo, forth i love the glitter paper....i just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice tribute to your heart dog. Your punch use was perfect! Layering definitely gives you depth and texture. And way to do a two pager!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm feel the color and elements give to this page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty page! Love the flowers! I also love the ribbon behind the heart, so cute!

    ReplyDelete